Monday, April 26, 2010

Trying something new...

I just opened a Nogne-O #100 "Barleywine" style ale. I heard about it on "Can You Brew It?" which is a Podcast put out by the Brewing Network staring Jamil Z. The brewer (from Norway) and Jamil agreed that it is not really a Barleywine, but it was the closest style that fit this 10% ABV monster! I have sipped a little of it so far, and I have to admit...it's pretty good! It is a simple, yet complex beer that really has a lot going on! There are hops (about 90 IBU, I would guess-they only claim 80, but admit they only count the 90 minute addition) and there are a lot of other flavors going on as well. They only use 88% Maris Otter, 10% Wheat Malt and 2% Chocolate Malt in this beer...hopped with Chinook (90), Centennial (15) and Columbus (KO) and then dry-hopped with more Chinook. They use White Labs WLP007 on this beer for the yeast...

I have to admit, I haven't touched it at all while typing (until now) and this beer is just getting better...different and VERY drinkable. I recommend it!

No comments:

Post a Comment