Sunday, November 14, 2010

Weekend Activities

I keg now!  I finally got up the stones to actually use the kegs I have...cleaned three out with PBW, rinsed the heck out of them, filled the first one with sanitizer and let it sit for 15 minutes (or so), and then pushed the sanitizer to the next keg with CO2, effectively purging the keg at the same time!  Great idea, Dale...works like a champ!  Filled keg #1 with Heavyweight Barleywine and keg #2 with American Stout (yet to be named).

Put 20PSI on the Barleywine and it will sit for a while (I'll keep an eye on the pressure), and the American Stout is on 10PSI while sitting in the fridge...it is carbonating (hopefully) and will be drinkable in the next day or two!

So, that was Saturday...Sunday wasn't nearly as exciting.  I took the 4+ cases of unused bottles I had in the basement and de-labelled them all!  Now, I have nothing but clean bottles at the ready in case I need to bottle anything.

Good weekend, overall...and I can't wait until I get to keg something else!  The cider should be ready to go soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment