Friday, July 6, 2012

What a Day!

Got TWO batches done today!  The base Lambic for Up The Kriek is done as well as the Lucky Man IPA!  It was hot out...took FOREVER to get the beer down to 75.  I gave up and put it in the carboys at that...I wasn't wasting any more water to get it to 70.  It'll get there on it's own...maybe.

Now we just have to wait and see what happens on the fermentation side of things...I pitched two smack packs on the IPA.  Why, you ask?  Well...that's a secret...but I will tell you that I have something planned for the yeast cake!

On a related, but completely different note...I was on Goose Island's website (I know, I was shocked too) and found out some information about their Fleur, which I enjoyed the one time I had it.  Made me think...I can make a beer like that!  Found out it's a low-hopped APA (32 IBU) that has Hibiscus and a tea in it.  The tea gives it a nice Strawberry flavor that I found appealing...it was the main thing I remembered about the beer, other than it was a ruby-ish color.  Well, I decided to formulate a recipe for it using the information I found...I think I'll brew that one in the next month or so just for kicks.  I have to re-think the theme for my Fruit / Spice line, though...there isn't a pun involving Strawberries!!

Going to rack that darn Mesquite onto Vanilla (one bean) and Medium-toast French Oak this weekend and start the Purple (Concord) Pyment...I am definitely back into this whole brewing thing!

More soon!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment