Monday, October 11, 2010

Vertical Epic...

I was reading a little bit about Stone Brewing's Vertical Epic and thought, "Wow...that's a cool idea!  Wish I would have thought of that!"  Of course, I wasn't brewing in 2001 when they started, but that doesn't mean I can't start my own version!  I am thinking it will be a once a year brew of something really huge and off the wall, that age will not negatively affect, like a Barleywine strength beer and brew in the following schedule:

9-10-2011 - Brew version #1 (the "base" version)
10-11-2012 - Brew version #2 (perhaps wood aged)
11-12-2013 - Brew version #3 (perhaps spiced & wood aged)
12-13-2014 - Brew version #4 (perhaps "bretted", spiced & wood aged)

Basically, follow the same recipe but add a new twist on top every year.  Then you get to taste the differences each year, just to see how things change!  The idea needs some tweaking, of course, but that is something that I have almost a year to plan out and get right.  Should be FUN!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment