Monday, October 11, 2010

Got some new stuff going...

Well, I was planning on brewing beer Sunday, but my shoulder had other plans.  So, I started a couple things that required less heavy lifting:

Eckert's Sweet Mead - One Gallon

4 Pounds Eckert's Orchard Pure Honey (wildflower or clover, I am sure)
1/4 tsp. Fermaid-K
1 pkt. Lalvin D-47 yeast

OG: ~1.160
Estimated ABV: 18%

This one was going nuts less than two hours after pitching!  I had to replace the airlock already once...

Indian Summer Cider - Five Gallons

5.5 Gallons Indian Summer Apple Cider
2 Pounds Golden Brown Sugar
1 pkt. Wyeast 4766 Cider yeast

OG: ~ 1.070
Estimated ABV: 8%

This one was showing signs of fermentation after just a couple hours as well...though not as big and aggressive as the mead.

Planning on brewing an American Stout on Tuesday night!!

No comments:

Post a Comment